Skip to main content

Sunday Confessions (20/60)

What happens when you yell, "Group Shot!" and don't wait for the group to gather before snapping a picture



Six Confessions for this Sunday:

  1.  I listen better when I'm doing something else (like making lists of what I am going to do this week . . . mostly how I am going to be a better person, but sometimes, it's just a grocery list, or things I gotta do lists . . . ) during Church.
  2. I ate way too much ice cream and cake today (three servings of each) . . . my stretchy pants are so coming out this week (lucky I wore them to dinner tonight . . . I'm so on top of things!)
  3. I am not a good mama this week.  I have been grumpy and when they want to snuggle and talk, I have given them fast hugs and abruptly told them to please please leave me alone for five minutes . . . I want a redo.  This week . . . it's all about the kids.
  4. I don't want my kids to grow up and leave for many reasons, but this week. . . mostly because now it means I have to do all the housework  and yard work . . ..  It takes forever to clean without them!  And my yard is a mess . . . Ug.  Come back darling little slaves . . . 
  5. I really love my childhood family but I hate how far away we all live.  It makes me very cranky and yearn with a lump in my throat for them.  I think I'm grown up, but somedays, like today, I just miss my home . . . where all my siblings and parents all gather together.
  6. I am really really really grateful to my son and darling daughter-in-law for inviting us to dinner in SLC so that all I had to do was bring a salad and some paper plates. Honestly, best Sunday gift EVER!  (And the walk after . . . gorgeous . . . and wild.  Those rent a scooters . . . Here, take a look) 



Our dinner . . . outside with the family


The family eating . . .

our walk . . . 

could they be cuter?  NO. Pips, Cousin Af, and Phoe


I love SLC 





The escape, the chase, the almost capture

Finn trying to get the scooter back from Phoe . .. and a homeless shelter (handmade)

The sunset . . . the SUNSET!

Phoe and Af

The pre . . . for the group photo




The Final Shot . . . What a night!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Things to Live By

10 Awesome (and really random) Ideas/thoughts I Live By 1)  Have Dance Parties.  Invite everyone over all ages and turn on lots of loud music and everyone just dance and dance and laugh.  I have one almost everyday in my house alone and it's honestly THE BEST THING EVER.  So I want everyone I know to come over and dance with me.  And bring their favorite songs. Are you with me?  COME OVER . . .  2)  We should eat cookies all day long.  I wish we could cookies for breakfast lunch and dinner.  Let's change the rules.  LET'S DO IT! 3) I love my children and I'm inordinately proud of them.  And probably, I'm blind to half their failings but I honestly can't worry about it.  Because they are insanely cool.  They.  Just.  Are.  And I can't take any credit.  They came that way.  I just get to watch them.  And sometimes yell at them when they are being a little too cool.  I go...

The Best Kind of Tired

  My often daily life . . . (John is two feet away—I can’t do all of them by myself) Last week, every single time I sat down, I almost instantly fell asleep.  I kept telling John, I have the sleeping disease.  What is going on?  Am I getting old?  Is it the covid after effects?  What on earth? He didn’t have any answers for me because he was doing the same thing.   We didn’t really do anything for seven days straights.   And our kids joined us in the sleepy, do nothing, lazy slug bug state. It wasn’t until this morning as I was looking over the pictures of the summer that I realized why. . . We literally haven’t stopped ALL summer long—one awesome amazing trip/visit/fun after the other.  It’s like we are making up for last years “staycations.”  Holy hannah have we ever made up for it.  Just about did ourselves in playing and hugging and kissing and caring for babies. Highlights of the summer (in no particular order): Cousin sleepove...

Unexpected. . .

Today was a good day. Not because of anything that happened (or didn't happened), but because for the first time in four years of having a crazy schedule every day, I decided to NOT plan on anything going according to plan.  And when it didn't (as it always does), I just thought, Oh, I knew that was going to happen and shrugged and went on wondering what new twist my day would take.  In fact, it was sort of like fighting the ripe-tide, a super duper exhausting endeavor when really, the tide is going to pull you out and then, a few hundred yard (or miles) it will sweep you back in again.  Just sit back and enjoy the tug of powers way greater than you and trust that at some point, you'll get your bearings again. Well, it turns out, it was a pretty great ride.  Nothing like I thought.  I got what I absolutely needed to get done (birthday gifts to special friends and dinner made and kids to their various activities).  No cleaning. No errands.  No readi...