Skip to main content

Sleep (25/60)

Was I just writing about how sleep was not my friend?

Well, it's my obsessed lover right now.  I seriously CAN'T stay awake.  I slept for eight hours straight (like drugged sleep) and seriously dragged myself out of bed after laying there for 30 minutes so I could wake up enough to drive my sister to the airport. 

I was awake to drive her . . . but as soon as we got to church, my head was bobbing all over the place.  I just sunk down in the pew and let myself just drift off because there was no fighting it.  When we got home, we ate lunch and then my mother went off to take a nap and I thought . . . there's no way I could sleep more, so I went outside in the 89 degree humid porch and read on a blanket . . ..  Only, I dreamed I read because I was fast asleep.   I went to the bed and slept another three hours.

Am I narcoleptic? Possibly.  It feels wonderful. 

I just came back from a night walk around the neighborhood in the full moon.  I was literally drenched in sweat.  Note to self, always change into exercise clothes before walking in Florida . . . even if its at night.  You could have rung out a cup of water from my clothes.  But walking felt wonderful.  The bugs are in full glory singing these crazy loud songs and there is an insect or frog or something that calls out and sounds just like a sheep.  It felt so good to move, but now that I'm back in the house . . . and it's literally hours before my normal bed time, I feel the sleep moving through my bones again.  It is entrancing me and I'm helpless against it.  So in three minutes,  I will answer it's call and happily go to bed literally with the birds tonight.

Tomorrow is for deep thoughts that I've been having . . . tonight is for sleep.

New Night Time ritual . . . go to the beach and have picnic dinner together as we watch the moon rise

Me and my beautiful Mama

Moon rise . . . tomorrow is the Harvest moon

The Sunset behind us . . .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Things to Live By

10 Awesome (and really random) Ideas/thoughts I Live By 1)  Have Dance Parties.  Invite everyone over all ages and turn on lots of loud music and everyone just dance and dance and laugh.  I have one almost everyday in my house alone and it's honestly THE BEST THING EVER.  So I want everyone I know to come over and dance with me.  And bring their favorite songs. Are you with me?  COME OVER . . .  2)  We should eat cookies all day long.  I wish we could cookies for breakfast lunch and dinner.  Let's change the rules.  LET'S DO IT! 3) I love my children and I'm inordinately proud of them.  And probably, I'm blind to half their failings but I honestly can't worry about it.  Because they are insanely cool.  They.  Just.  Are.  And I can't take any credit.  They came that way.  I just get to watch them.  And sometimes yell at them when they are being a little too cool.  I go...

The Best Kind of Tired

  My often daily life . . . (John is two feet away—I can’t do all of them by myself) Last week, every single time I sat down, I almost instantly fell asleep.  I kept telling John, I have the sleeping disease.  What is going on?  Am I getting old?  Is it the covid after effects?  What on earth? He didn’t have any answers for me because he was doing the same thing.   We didn’t really do anything for seven days straights.   And our kids joined us in the sleepy, do nothing, lazy slug bug state. It wasn’t until this morning as I was looking over the pictures of the summer that I realized why. . . We literally haven’t stopped ALL summer long—one awesome amazing trip/visit/fun after the other.  It’s like we are making up for last years “staycations.”  Holy hannah have we ever made up for it.  Just about did ourselves in playing and hugging and kissing and caring for babies. Highlights of the summer (in no particular order): Cousin sleepove...

Unexpected. . .

Today was a good day. Not because of anything that happened (or didn't happened), but because for the first time in four years of having a crazy schedule every day, I decided to NOT plan on anything going according to plan.  And when it didn't (as it always does), I just thought, Oh, I knew that was going to happen and shrugged and went on wondering what new twist my day would take.  In fact, it was sort of like fighting the ripe-tide, a super duper exhausting endeavor when really, the tide is going to pull you out and then, a few hundred yard (or miles) it will sweep you back in again.  Just sit back and enjoy the tug of powers way greater than you and trust that at some point, you'll get your bearings again. Well, it turns out, it was a pretty great ride.  Nothing like I thought.  I got what I absolutely needed to get done (birthday gifts to special friends and dinner made and kids to their various activities).  No cleaning. No errands.  No readi...