Skip to main content

Papa is Home (31/60)

Sunlight through the trees lining the road to my beach . . .

I did not, in fact, start to write anything today. 

I woke up groggy and disorientated (why does this happen?) and was slow to start my day which involved some very lazy yoga and a lot of sweating (89 with 91% humidity on the porch).  Then late breakfast/lunch.  While I was sitting at the table on the porch reading Night Circus, the humidity and heat made me super dozy and I found myself literally nodding off.  I quickly napped before I had the 5 1/2 hour round trip to pick up my Papa from Orlando.

I made it there and back safe and sound and honestly, driving on 95 from Stuart to Orlando is a smooth straight ride.  Heaven bless controversial TED talks (they get me going) for keeping me awake!  Not to mention a great visit hearing all about my dads travels in Panama on the way back.  So proud of him and that team for building literally a life saving bridge for those beautiful people.  He's ready to go back and build another one.  I will not be surprised if he does.

My sweet Mama, oh, she was so so excited for him to come home.  We changed sheets and cleaned and she gave me lists of things he liked to eat and do.  I love to see how happy they are together.  And my Mama seemed to literally light up and have her old spark back.  These two are meant to be together.  What a beautiful thing to witness.  I think this is the longest they've ever been apart.

And now . . . after going for a stretchy walk, I am tucking myself into bed.  Wheph.  It's been a week.  Lots of fun, lots of worry, lots of sweating, lots of biking and walking and time to think.  I am so glad I'm here and I get another two days with them.  I'm so lucky I have these kind good parents to call mine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Things to Live By

10 Awesome (and really random) Ideas/thoughts I Live By 1)  Have Dance Parties.  Invite everyone over all ages and turn on lots of loud music and everyone just dance and dance and laugh.  I have one almost everyday in my house alone and it's honestly THE BEST THING EVER.  So I want everyone I know to come over and dance with me.  And bring their favorite songs. Are you with me?  COME OVER . . .  2)  We should eat cookies all day long.  I wish we could cookies for breakfast lunch and dinner.  Let's change the rules.  LET'S DO IT! 3) I love my children and I'm inordinately proud of them.  And probably, I'm blind to half their failings but I honestly can't worry about it.  Because they are insanely cool.  They.  Just.  Are.  And I can't take any credit.  They came that way.  I just get to watch them.  And sometimes yell at them when they are being a little too cool.  I go...

The Best Kind of Tired

  My often daily life . . . (John is two feet away—I can’t do all of them by myself) Last week, every single time I sat down, I almost instantly fell asleep.  I kept telling John, I have the sleeping disease.  What is going on?  Am I getting old?  Is it the covid after effects?  What on earth? He didn’t have any answers for me because he was doing the same thing.   We didn’t really do anything for seven days straights.   And our kids joined us in the sleepy, do nothing, lazy slug bug state. It wasn’t until this morning as I was looking over the pictures of the summer that I realized why. . . We literally haven’t stopped ALL summer long—one awesome amazing trip/visit/fun after the other.  It’s like we are making up for last years “staycations.”  Holy hannah have we ever made up for it.  Just about did ourselves in playing and hugging and kissing and caring for babies. Highlights of the summer (in no particular order): Cousin sleepove...

Unexpected. . .

Today was a good day. Not because of anything that happened (or didn't happened), but because for the first time in four years of having a crazy schedule every day, I decided to NOT plan on anything going according to plan.  And when it didn't (as it always does), I just thought, Oh, I knew that was going to happen and shrugged and went on wondering what new twist my day would take.  In fact, it was sort of like fighting the ripe-tide, a super duper exhausting endeavor when really, the tide is going to pull you out and then, a few hundred yard (or miles) it will sweep you back in again.  Just sit back and enjoy the tug of powers way greater than you and trust that at some point, you'll get your bearings again. Well, it turns out, it was a pretty great ride.  Nothing like I thought.  I got what I absolutely needed to get done (birthday gifts to special friends and dinner made and kids to their various activities).  No cleaning. No errands.  No readi...