Skip to main content

In Numbers 2/60

My Day in Numbers



54 pints and 2 1/2 quarts of salsa.

3 hours of horrid nightmare plagued sleep.

1 dark run

1 very loudly sick teenager

3 medicine pills taken

2 kids off to school

1 child at home . . . loudly sick.

 45 minute basement session of Choga (chatty yoga)

1 different walk/run/therapy session with friend

1 very quick shower (3. 45 minutes)

1 stop 5 minute at Called to Surf for dress . . .

23 minutes later, one dress bought

1 fast (that wasn't really fast . . . I love this store) trip to Target

1 daughter moved into a new (to her) apartment

67 near misses while moving said daughter into very under construction apartment

1 new great nephew met (and utter and completely fell in love with)

3 different foods picked out and eaten at Ikea Cafeteria (veggie balls were my favorite . . . go figure)

29.4 items purchased for new apartment in a 27 minute check out line.

2 frozen yogurts and hot dogs consumed

9.8 times I almost fell asleep driving home

17 minutes I got to shut my eyes while Finnegan and the others asked me questions about dinner

3 times I talked to John

2 times it took for Finnegan to learn how to pump gas

1 Panda Express bowl of rice and orange chicken totally eaten

85 miles driven

3 loads of laundry Finn and Piper folded

3 beds stripped and new sheets put on

2 attempts to post the blog

4 attempts to find my quote on love

1 good night call from John

43 yawns

3 thoughts about life:

Children growing up and out is good and hard and confusing and wonderful and expensive.

My life is good, even when it's hard and tiring and frustrating.

The perfect person for you is the one that is willing to choose you every day.

1 prayer for peace and comfort for and to everyone.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Things to Live By

10 Awesome (and really random) Ideas/thoughts I Live By 1)  Have Dance Parties.  Invite everyone over all ages and turn on lots of loud music and everyone just dance and dance and laugh.  I have one almost everyday in my house alone and it's honestly THE BEST THING EVER.  So I want everyone I know to come over and dance with me.  And bring their favorite songs. Are you with me?  COME OVER . . .  2)  We should eat cookies all day long.  I wish we could cookies for breakfast lunch and dinner.  Let's change the rules.  LET'S DO IT! 3) I love my children and I'm inordinately proud of them.  And probably, I'm blind to half their failings but I honestly can't worry about it.  Because they are insanely cool.  They.  Just.  Are.  And I can't take any credit.  They came that way.  I just get to watch them.  And sometimes yell at them when they are being a little too cool.  I go...

The Best Kind of Tired

  My often daily life . . . (John is two feet away—I can’t do all of them by myself) Last week, every single time I sat down, I almost instantly fell asleep.  I kept telling John, I have the sleeping disease.  What is going on?  Am I getting old?  Is it the covid after effects?  What on earth? He didn’t have any answers for me because he was doing the same thing.   We didn’t really do anything for seven days straights.   And our kids joined us in the sleepy, do nothing, lazy slug bug state. It wasn’t until this morning as I was looking over the pictures of the summer that I realized why. . . We literally haven’t stopped ALL summer long—one awesome amazing trip/visit/fun after the other.  It’s like we are making up for last years “staycations.”  Holy hannah have we ever made up for it.  Just about did ourselves in playing and hugging and kissing and caring for babies. Highlights of the summer (in no particular order): Cousin sleepove...

Unexpected. . .

Today was a good day. Not because of anything that happened (or didn't happened), but because for the first time in four years of having a crazy schedule every day, I decided to NOT plan on anything going according to plan.  And when it didn't (as it always does), I just thought, Oh, I knew that was going to happen and shrugged and went on wondering what new twist my day would take.  In fact, it was sort of like fighting the ripe-tide, a super duper exhausting endeavor when really, the tide is going to pull you out and then, a few hundred yard (or miles) it will sweep you back in again.  Just sit back and enjoy the tug of powers way greater than you and trust that at some point, you'll get your bearings again. Well, it turns out, it was a pretty great ride.  Nothing like I thought.  I got what I absolutely needed to get done (birthday gifts to special friends and dinner made and kids to their various activities).  No cleaning. No errands.  No readi...