Skip to main content

Come in Part 3: (Uncensored) The rest of the House (38/60)

(This didn't get published yesterday . . . I literally fell asleep before I could post it)

Ok . . . are you ready to see the rest of the house?  Come on . . .  We will finish up the kitchen . . 


This is a better view of our kitchen, living room area (we finished the remodel a year ago)





Here's another angle.  The whole point of our remodel (other than the fact that our cabinets were literally falling apart and our appliances all needed to be replaced and our floor needed to be refinished . . .) was to make our kitchen stream lined.  Everything we have, we use, a lot.  They kept telling me it would be too small and I'd regret it.  I don't.  In fact, I have more room than I need.  Every time I walk into my kitchen, I think, yes, this is exactly what I wanted.  (Of course, marble does stain and chip and wear . . . but my week in Italy taught me to like weathered . . . it tells a history).


Enough kitchen . . . on to the basement (be prepared . . . humans live there)

And down the hallway . . .

Down the stairs . . .

And more stairs . . . 

to the basement . . . And Finn's lego city . . . (it's been here a month and shows no signs of getting put away)

And now . . . the bedrooms (eeek)



Piper and Finn's room (Finn has not made his bed!)


Down the hallway . . . 


To the guest room/sewing room/finn's room (but he decided that he liked living with Piper better)

And across from that . . . the bathroom (messy as usual)


On to Celia (and Phoebe's) disaster, I mean bedroom.  Honestly, it is clean about three times a year . . . and only for three minutes.  Teenagers.


Back out to the tv room.  Many hours of LOTR and Office and Parks and Rec . . . 


Reading nook . . . in constant use.  That saggy brown couch is as old as Celia and literally sags.  No one will let us get rid of it.

And here is the guest/drum/storage room . . .



/where Celia does water coloring and Finn stashes his violin . . . 




Down the hall to the back door . .. 


That leads straight out to our back patio . . . and back yard.  Here it is from all angles.


Side Angle . . . 


Back angle . . . 


Back side angle (tramp nook)


And exactly from the back . . . 

And now back into the house . . .  (the entry is where the black tarps are . . . that cover our grill and picnic table)

Back in . . .   Oh it's Finn's Lego city again . . . 


And here's the closets that are on the opposite side of the city . . . 

The game closet . . .


And the toy closet . . . that Finn and Piper last were in charge of putting the toys away.  Way to go guys!  Yes, I will be revisiting this closet in the near future . . . 


Now back upstairs




And that's it!  I hope you enjoyed seeing the rest of my house.  It's been filled with people all weekend and it's been such a warm happy place . . . look at my next post for how it looks with humans in it . . . 

So glad you could visit.  See you soon!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forced Frugality

  We are going on ten months of looking for a job.   Last September, after a rather horrid ten months, John got the boot.  It was oddly and rather unfairly done, but a great relief to all of us.  Working at that company had become a puzzle that grew harder and harder each day until it was in fact, impossible.  The stress of it took a wild toll on John's mental and physical health.  By the end, he was neither eating nor sleeping.  He had strange episodes of racing heart and an inability to tell what was real and what was imagined.  I sat him down and told him I would use up every penny of our retirement and sell the house if it meant he could stop working in that environment.  And it may take all that.  And I still won't regret it.   When I feel rather sorry for myself, I remember what life was like for him a year ago and then I don't feel sad that I am once again digging through my closet to find a new way to wear old things.   In fact, there is part of me (small though it

The Best Kind of Tired

  My often daily life . . . (John is two feet away—I can’t do all of them by myself) Last week, every single time I sat down, I almost instantly fell asleep.  I kept telling John, I have the sleeping disease.  What is going on?  Am I getting old?  Is it the covid after effects?  What on earth? He didn’t have any answers for me because he was doing the same thing.   We didn’t really do anything for seven days straights.   And our kids joined us in the sleepy, do nothing, lazy slug bug state. It wasn’t until this morning as I was looking over the pictures of the summer that I realized why. . . We literally haven’t stopped ALL summer long—one awesome amazing trip/visit/fun after the other.  It’s like we are making up for last years “staycations.”  Holy hannah have we ever made up for it.  Just about did ourselves in playing and hugging and kissing and caring for babies. Highlights of the summer (in no particular order): Cousin sleepovers have resumed (most missed activity since the pandem

Midlife-Cri-sis

It's been a year.   I'll sum it up by saying that food no longer tastes good to me.   The last time that happened, I had lost three pregnancies in a row and John had lost and found a job and we had moved three times. The feeling is very similar.   There have a been a lot of losses or near losses.  Enough that when the phone pings with a text or vibrates with a call (I long ago turned off the ringer), I take a deep breath and think, you can do this .  More times than not, I need that deep breath. I am probably in the second half of my life and I feel it.  47.  My children are nearly grown.  My house is established.  Our bank accounts don't fluctuate like they used to. I don't go to the store and dream of being able to buy things.  I walk into my closet and wonder what I can do without.   I feel the finality of my existence and I wonder . . . what do I really want out of all this?   For book club, we read A Million Miles in a Thousand Years .  It's about re-writing o