Skip to main content

Quiet (11/60)

It's 10:51am.  I've exercised (beautiful hike with friends . . . seriously, the mountains call me this time of year like nothing else) and my kitchen is cleaned up.  There are a few things left to do cleaning the house, but nothing has to be done right this minute.  I am alone.  In a completely quiet house.

Sigh.

This feels really really good.

I am going to take a few minutes (hours) and just enjoy this.  No one will know if I take a two hour bath, or watch a whole season of Wallander, or do nothing at all but stare at the window.  Heaven.  The possibilities are endless . . .

Today, for right now, I don't have to be anything or anyone.

Thank you, Universe, how did you know this is exactly what I needed?

And now, I'm going to take that bath . . .

Hiking Buddies . . . a perfect morning to hike Horsetail
Here's go hoping your Friday has a few moments just like this . . . quiet, calm, and free (this never ever happens to me . . . so maybe you're used to it . . . but it's a miracle!  So honestly . . . I'm praying this for all of you!).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Things to Live By

10 Awesome (and really random) Ideas/thoughts I Live By 1)  Have Dance Parties.  Invite everyone over all ages and turn on lots of loud music and everyone just dance and dance and laugh.  I have one almost everyday in my house alone and it's honestly THE BEST THING EVER.  So I want everyone I know to come over and dance with me.  And bring their favorite songs. Are you with me?  COME OVER . . .  2)  We should eat cookies all day long.  I wish we could cookies for breakfast lunch and dinner.  Let's change the rules.  LET'S DO IT! 3) I love my children and I'm inordinately proud of them.  And probably, I'm blind to half their failings but I honestly can't worry about it.  Because they are insanely cool.  They.  Just.  Are.  And I can't take any credit.  They came that way.  I just get to watch them.  And sometimes yell at them when they are being a little too cool.  I go...

The Best Kind of Tired

  My often daily life . . . (John is two feet away—I can’t do all of them by myself) Last week, every single time I sat down, I almost instantly fell asleep.  I kept telling John, I have the sleeping disease.  What is going on?  Am I getting old?  Is it the covid after effects?  What on earth? He didn’t have any answers for me because he was doing the same thing.   We didn’t really do anything for seven days straights.   And our kids joined us in the sleepy, do nothing, lazy slug bug state. It wasn’t until this morning as I was looking over the pictures of the summer that I realized why. . . We literally haven’t stopped ALL summer long—one awesome amazing trip/visit/fun after the other.  It’s like we are making up for last years “staycations.”  Holy hannah have we ever made up for it.  Just about did ourselves in playing and hugging and kissing and caring for babies. Highlights of the summer (in no particular order): Cousin sleepove...

Unexpected. . .

Today was a good day. Not because of anything that happened (or didn't happened), but because for the first time in four years of having a crazy schedule every day, I decided to NOT plan on anything going according to plan.  And when it didn't (as it always does), I just thought, Oh, I knew that was going to happen and shrugged and went on wondering what new twist my day would take.  In fact, it was sort of like fighting the ripe-tide, a super duper exhausting endeavor when really, the tide is going to pull you out and then, a few hundred yard (or miles) it will sweep you back in again.  Just sit back and enjoy the tug of powers way greater than you and trust that at some point, you'll get your bearings again. Well, it turns out, it was a pretty great ride.  Nothing like I thought.  I got what I absolutely needed to get done (birthday gifts to special friends and dinner made and kids to their various activities).  No cleaning. No errands.  No readi...