Skip to main content

Distracted

I've been very distracted this week for lots of reasons--John still getting adjusted to his job, me getting adjusted to my job again (mama without a nanny), Celia riding (or not riding) her horse, and my beautiful niece getting engaged and being part of the process.

I'll let you see the process . . .

The start of the Engagement Walk . . . Cody was up the hill waiting for Hannon . . . (the white dots in the photo is SNOW)

Walking up the hill trying really hard not to tell Hannon . . .


The hiding while the Proposal Happened . . . 

And here they are . . . Engaged . . . 


The Congratulations . . . 



The Family Selfie . . . BEAUTIFUL MOMENT

And Us with Evie . . . because it's too darling not to add to the beauty of the day


The Triumphant Decent (leaving the newly engaged behind)


And Finishing up the evening with Easter Egg dying . . . 

Isn't it beautiful?

A new beginning . . . a new start.

Spring . . . Easter Weekend . . . is the perfect time for an Engagement.  


Comments

  1. thank you for sharing our sons joy. What a perfect way to start an eternal family. This dad could not be happier or prouder.

    Poppi Jolley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Hannon and Cody. It's a brave step and sometimes a steep climb, and that's how strong, loving partnerships go and grow. And I speak from almost 49 years of experience! (Thanks for sharing the news, Mary.)
    Congratulations to Jayne and York and family too! It's a new beginning for all!
    Love and blessings,
    Paula and David Thomas
    (Parents/Grandparents to John and Mary and family.)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 Things to Live By

10 Awesome (and really random) Ideas/thoughts I Live By 1)  Have Dance Parties.  Invite everyone over all ages and turn on lots of loud music and everyone just dance and dance and laugh.  I have one almost everyday in my house alone and it's honestly THE BEST THING EVER.  So I want everyone I know to come over and dance with me.  And bring their favorite songs. Are you with me?  COME OVER . . .  2)  We should eat cookies all day long.  I wish we could cookies for breakfast lunch and dinner.  Let's change the rules.  LET'S DO IT! 3) I love my children and I'm inordinately proud of them.  And probably, I'm blind to half their failings but I honestly can't worry about it.  Because they are insanely cool.  They.  Just.  Are.  And I can't take any credit.  They came that way.  I just get to watch them.  And sometimes yell at them when they are being a little too cool.  I go...

The Best Kind of Tired

  My often daily life . . . (John is two feet away—I can’t do all of them by myself) Last week, every single time I sat down, I almost instantly fell asleep.  I kept telling John, I have the sleeping disease.  What is going on?  Am I getting old?  Is it the covid after effects?  What on earth? He didn’t have any answers for me because he was doing the same thing.   We didn’t really do anything for seven days straights.   And our kids joined us in the sleepy, do nothing, lazy slug bug state. It wasn’t until this morning as I was looking over the pictures of the summer that I realized why. . . We literally haven’t stopped ALL summer long—one awesome amazing trip/visit/fun after the other.  It’s like we are making up for last years “staycations.”  Holy hannah have we ever made up for it.  Just about did ourselves in playing and hugging and kissing and caring for babies. Highlights of the summer (in no particular order): Cousin sleepove...

Unexpected. . .

Today was a good day. Not because of anything that happened (or didn't happened), but because for the first time in four years of having a crazy schedule every day, I decided to NOT plan on anything going according to plan.  And when it didn't (as it always does), I just thought, Oh, I knew that was going to happen and shrugged and went on wondering what new twist my day would take.  In fact, it was sort of like fighting the ripe-tide, a super duper exhausting endeavor when really, the tide is going to pull you out and then, a few hundred yard (or miles) it will sweep you back in again.  Just sit back and enjoy the tug of powers way greater than you and trust that at some point, you'll get your bearings again. Well, it turns out, it was a pretty great ride.  Nothing like I thought.  I got what I absolutely needed to get done (birthday gifts to special friends and dinner made and kids to their various activities).  No cleaning. No errands.  No readi...